Well, it’s the last day of the year and with that comes the inevitable look back of the last 364 days. Up until this past year I had never made goals or resolutions before but last year I made a few. 4 to be exact.
1) Scrapbook daily
2) Be healthier & transform my body
3) Figure out what I want to be when I grow up
4) Do not eat at a restaurant that has a drive thru
Let’s see how I did….
1) Scrapbook daily – I think this was a ridiculous goal. I mean, who has time to scrapbook everyday if you have a full time job? This failed miserably. I did purchase the 2011 Project Life album and I have most of it done through April which I’m very proud of . However, scrapbooking every single day is just not realistic.
2) Be healthier &transform my body – I firmly believe that even at my weight that I am healthier than most people that I know. I eat pretty clean and while I know that I have room for improvement in the indulging department I am picky about where my food comes from and what the ingredients are. I have had blood work done and my cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure are all well within the healthy range. With that being said I know that I have to lose weight and unfortunately that didn’t happen this year. It will be the last time that I say that. I will look shockingly different come this time next year.
3) Figure out what I want to be when I grow up – I’m lost here. Completely lost. I was laid off over the summer and thought it would be a turning point for me but it hasn’t. I need to figure this out on the double.
4) Do not eat at a restaurant that has a drive thru– I was incredibly successful with this goal in 2011. Last year when I made this goal I allowed myself one reprieve and that was to eat at In-N-Out and Del Taco when I was in Southern California this passed summer. Other than that – I was 100% successful with this goal and I am so proud of it! I haven’t eaten from a fast food restaurant all year. WIN!
Recap: I know that I wasn’t as successful in my 2011 goals as I could have been because I didn’t make myself accountable to anyone. I’m changing that this year. I want to be held accountable on my 2012 goals each month and I will check in on my blog on a monthly basis with where I am and how I’m doing on my goals. Look for that post at the beginng of each month. I am empowering every reader of my blog to hold me accountable.
We are off to the ranch to spend New Years Eve with the inlaws! I’m writing my 2012 goals post in my head and have some very good ones written down. Many “to-do’s” and many “do not’s”. Can’t wait to share!
Enjoy the day with friends and family and end 2011 on a high note!