Well, that’s it. As of tomorrow I’m officially back to work and feeling the constrains of being a “working girl” again. I tried to get in everything that I needed to be done today. Yesterday I talked about my to-do list. Let’s see how I fared.
- get my car inspected – Not done. Didn’t have my current proof of insurance in my car. Whoops! I’ll try again this weekend. Hope I don’t get pulled over!
- get a new pair of sandals – Didn’t get around to this either. Eep!
- get some new eyeshadow and mascara – Check! A quick visit to Ulta and this was completed.
- meet a friend for coffee/lunch – Didn’t get to meet up with my friend. Major bummer.
- get my hair cut – Done! (Why do I hate doing this so much?!)
- get Alexis’ hair cut. – Done! (She’s a happy kid again!)
So honestly, I got done all of the beautifying that I needed to before I go to meet a whole new set of coworkers tomorrow. I guess that’s not too bad! Oh, and I did manage to get through 3 episodes of True Blood. *giggle*
This evening we all learned that Steve Jobs passed away at the very young age of 56 from pancreatic cancer. Apple currently has a very classy homepage dedicated to the man who made that company.
Such a beautiful tribute. It’s hard to really understand what his life has meant to technology and to each of our everyday lives. He was a true pioneer of our time. The phone that I spend hours on every day was his vision. I’ll never forget the first time that Tommy ever saw the iPhone. He was mesmerized at how cool it was – as we all were. The graphics, the interface, the sheer genius of it all! It was all just amazing – it still is. Everytime I pick the thing up I’m reminded how much I rely on it! Tommy said it best when he said, “It’s as if we’ve been visited by aliens”.
Not aliens – just Mr. Jobs.
His vision was just so ahead of our time and the products that he has created and lead the Apple team to create have just rocked our world. His vision and creativity will certainly be missed.
Food was good today – just not alot of it. I’m pretty stressed out with the new job looming over my head so I didn’t have much of an appetite. I’m sure it’ll come back tomorrow.
I’m off to finish packing my workout bag and my lunch. Working out before work will be a new journey for me. Wish me luck! 6:15am will come very early tomorrow.
Calories consumed – 971
Exercise minutes – 0
Question: How has Steve Jobs’ inventions touched or changed your life? Are you viewing this on an Apple product?