My daughter, Alexis, is a junior in high school and is currently in the throes of studying and prepping for her SAT. She’s taking some prep classes and working her tail off to do well on the PSAT so that she can kick the mega-test, the SAT, in the behind! I’ve been so proud of her dedication and her drive to do well on this to secure her college of choice.
Studying and preparing for the test has to be done on the weekends since she is busy with school Mon-Fri. So this means that on the weekends, time when kids typically rest and have to themselves, she is taking practice PSAT’s and studying on her own. I’ve been so proud of her!
This morning she was signed up for a practice PSAT test that was in way north Austin. I took her and dropped her off and then parked myself at Starbucks for 3 hours and waited for her.
What did I do to occupy my time? VERY important things. I surfed the net. I drank some yummy coffee. I ate a yummy spinach wrap (seriously? How good are these things!). I entertained myself with no problem whatsoever – that’s what I did.
After her test was over (which she did very well on!) we headed back home – but not before picking up lunch for her starving belly. We need to make sure that brain keeps growing. 🙂 I let Alexis pick where we ate and it was no surprise she picked this…
We all had incredibly yummy salad bowls. Veggie for her and I and steak for Tommy. You can’t tell but underneath this mountain of lettuce is some brown rice, black beans and a ton of pico de gallo!
After lunch Tommy left for the ranch. It’s dove season here in Central Texas and he has taken full advantage! He’s got a freezer of doves that are ready for him to cook but he’s getting out there as often as he can to get a few more.
Alexis and I got extremely lazy after that. There are a bunch of new Fall shows that I have recorded and have been watching over the past week. Such good tv! I’m so pumped.
Shows I liked and will keep in rotation:
- The Playboy Club – love the time period and thought the acting was good enough to keep the story lines going for awhile. I saved this one for Tommy to watch. Hopefully it’ll be one that we can watch together. Eddie Cibrian plays a good character in this one. Kind of slimy but you like him at the same time.
- 2 Broke Girls – funny but we’ll see how long before it starts getting to silly. A horse in the backyard – seriously?
- X Factor – No doubt about it I’m happy to have Simon Cowell back on my tv every week! This show is alot like American Idol, of course, but just different enough to make it fresh. Plus, it has way more heart than Idol has ever had. We are hooked.
- Unforgettable – I seem to be drawn to these supernatural cop shows. Loved it.
- Prime Suspect – Female on the police force and all the guys hate her. Sounds fantastic – and it was.
- Revenge – I wanted to watch because of Emily VanCamp and the pilot was fantastic. Just enough plot turns to keep me on the edge of my seat. I didn’t pick up my phone to check Twitter once while I was watching this. That says ALOT!
Haven’t premiered or that I haven’t been able to watch that are still on my DVR:
- Person of Interest (dvr’d – need to watch)
- Secret Circle (dvr’d – need to watch)
- Hart of Dixie (9/26)
- Pan Am (!!!!!!) (9/25)
- Suburgatory (9/28)
- How to Be a Gentleman (9/29)
- Around the World in 80 Ways (10/2)
- I Hate My Teenage Daughter (11/23)
So much tv – so little dvr space. Add these to those shows that I already can’t miss and that’s alot of tv. Even for me! See, Abbey agrees…
Whenever Tommy goes to the ranch and Alexis and I have to fend for ourselves for dinner we usually go straight for the easiest thing possible to eat. Tonight it was black bean veggie burgers for Alexis and salad and baked potato for me.
Food wise it was a great day. No exercise today. My feet are hurting pretty bad after the week that I had so I’m going to let them rest today and tomorrow I’ll see how they feel. Plus, I’m thinking about my goals for this next week. With all of the eating out I’ve done this week (healthy and not-so-healthy) I’m thinking that one of them will be less eating out. Sheesh!
Calories consumed – 1212
Exercise minutes – 0
Question: Do you watch alot of television? Any new shows this Fall that have you excited to watch?